Hey all *waves*
It’s the start of a new year and time to announce two more book challenges I will be participating in, in 2020.
I only really discovered readathons and reading challenges (besides the goodreads challenge) last year and had so much fun and am so excited to participate in more challenges this year.
Beat the Backlist Challenge 2020
Beat the Backlist challenge is a year long challenge focusing on reading those books on the backlist.
- Any book published 2019 and earlier counts
- You don’t have to own the book.
- Rereads also count
There are four teams for the Beat the Backlist and this year they are
- The Borrowers
- The Re-Readers
- The TBR Stackers
- The Multitaskers
I have decided to join the Borrowers team. A. because it was one of the teams needing a few extra members and B. because I love to borrow from the library.
Almost all the books I plan to read for #StartOnYourShelfathon will also count towards Beat the Backlist challenge so here is a list of most of them.
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins
- Asrian Skies (Shadows of War #1) by Anne Wheeler
- Scythe (Arc of a Scythe #1) by Neal Shusterman
- Let It Go (A Twisted Tale) by Jen Calonita
- Invisible (Aerling #1) by DelSheree Gladden
- The Gilded King (Sovereign #1) by Josie Jaffery
- Porch Swing Girl (Trailwind #1) by Taylor Bennett
- Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Obsidio (The Illuminae Files #3) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
The Selection (The Selection #1) by Keira CassFinished Jan 2nd
- King’s War (The Kinsmen Chronicles #3) by Jill Williamson
- The Diabolic (The Diabolic #1) by S. J. Kincaid
- Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian
- Oracle by Jackie French
- Matilda by Jackie French
- The Skin Map by (Bright Empires #1) by Stephen R. Lawhead
- Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart
- A Time to Speak (Out of Time #2) by Nadine Brandes
- A Time to Rise (Out of Time #3) by Nadine Brandes
- Let it Go (A Twisted Tale) by Jen Calonita
- The Navigator by Eoin McNamee
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
- Dragonkeeper by Carole Wilkinson
- The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
- Eve by WM Paul Young
- Merlin’s Blade (The Merlin Spiral #1) by Robert Treskillard
- Merlin’s Shadow by (The Merlin Spiral #2) Robert Treskillard
- Again, but Better by Christine Riccio
- Just Henry by Michelle
- Dreamlander by K. M. Weiland
- What Kady Did by Susan Coolidge
- What Kady Did at School by Susan Coolidge
- What Kady Did Next by Susan Coolidge
- Rowin of Rin: The Journey (books 1-5) by Emily Rodda
I will inevitably be borrowing from my library too. Here a couple I know for sure I will be borrowing.
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater – I’m third in line for this one at the library, so hopefully won’t have to wait too long.
- Fruits Basket series – I love the anime and enjoyed reading through the series last year and plan to finish it off this year.
And I few I grabbed while browsing the shelves today
- The Protected by Claire Zorn
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- The Wrong Boy by Suzy Zail
I will also be attempting the Beat the Backlist Bingo. I’m going to just go big and attempt for the 80 prompts. Although, I don’t know that I will be reading that many books. I might try and aim for one row at the least.
I’m also participating in #Armedwithabingo hosted by Kriti and Ariel @Armed with a Book. Sign up for a personalised bingo.
What are some book challenges you will be participating in this year?